If you not waking up refreshed, energized, and ready to take on the world, one of the reasons may be that you are not getting enough sleep. If you get enough sleep, you will be more energetic, happier and better able to function.
Brainwave entrainment, in the delta brainwave frequency, will help you have that deep, restorative sleep that is imperative to your mental and physical health. Delta is the slowest frequency that we experience, in a non-dreaming form of consciousness, and where we spend 80% of our time asleep. Entraining your brain to this frequency will help you catch up on all that sleep you’ve been missing.
Signs You Are Not Getting Enough Sleep
· You are having trouble concentrating.
· You have lost your sense of humor.
· You are less tolerant-irritable.
· You are not as creative as you can be.
· You are making errors-stupid ones.
· You are not very alert and would fail a reflex test.
· You are hurting yourself-running into walls, stapling your finger etc.
· Your wounds seem to be taking forever to heal.
· You are very stressed out.
· You crave chips and donuts and chocolate bars.
· You feel down, really down.
· You have trouble making decisions-even deciding what to have for lunch takes too much work.
· You can’t remember things very easily.
· Your sense of time is all messed up.
· Your blood pressure is up if you work up the energy to check it out.
· You feel excessively sleepy and pray the room doesn’t get too hot because you may fall asleep.
· You are packing fat on, around your middle.
Why You May Not Be Getting Enough Sleep
· You may be overweight (which may be from not getting enough sleep-vicious cycle).
· When you are carrying extra poundage, your hormone levels are altered. Less than 8 hours of sleep increases the level of ghrelin, a hormone that makes you feel very hungry, slows down your metabolism and decreases your body’s ability to burn fat. (That explains night eating.)
· Not getting enough sleep lowers the levels of leptin, a hormone that signals the body when it is starving, increasing your appetite and pushes you to eat more. (If you get less than 4 hours of sleep, regularly, you are likely to be obese.)
· Lack of sleep, elevates cortisol, a stress response hormone which in turn, increases your REM sleep (dreaming) which messes up your sleep cycle contributing to obesity, hypertension, reduced glucose tolerance, bone loss density, decreased muscle mass and increased brain cell death.
If you are not getting enough sleep, it can make you fat, give you high blood pressure, and kill your brain cells.
Brainwave entrainment in the delta frequency will help you fall asleep and let you restore and refresh your brain and body, making sure you are getting enough quality sleep.